Outdoor lighting plays a vital role to extend the activities of humans at night time. A century ago the notion that public electric lighting at night could enhance the quality of life for humans was novel. Outdoor electric lighting became closely associated with security, safety, and economic development of human’s community. And it is especially hard to imagine creating a holiday atmosphere without outdoor decorative lighting. it has been recognized that artificial lightning installations, especially those installed outdoor, brings about not only benefits but also disadvantages to the society, especially if the lightning is improperly designed. So, let’s look at the guide to outdoor lighting tips.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT OUTDOOR LIGHTING
When it comes to selecting the right outdoor lighting fixtures, utility and need should be important decision factors. Fixtures for security differ from those for large areas or decorative landscape lighting. Check out this chart to determine the best type of lighting and outdoor fixture for your needs.
Types of Lights based on Manufacturing and Durability
- LED Lights
- Fluorescent Lights
- Solar lights
While comparing the conventional light and LED light is that the LED can offer a better lifespan and durability, efficiency that is considered several times superior to the fluorescent lighting system.
And solar lights are also energy efficient and environment-friendly. Solar lights also provide good brightness and decent visibility at nights.
Types of Lighting for Outdoor
Floodlight provides wide-ranging lighting, covering huge spaces and concealed nooks which perhaps not that simple to illuminate. So, these lightings can benefit people and their properties safe from burglary, and other community places from damage. Floodlights are commonly used in large places, such as parking lots as well as stadiums, and employ LED for greater spotlighting
You Should notice
- Decide prior to installation, which particular type of floodlight is dead-on for you.
- Bearing in mind what level of illumination you want.
- Big places should be run using a high-power halide or sodium security light.
Installation Guide for Flood Lights:
- Discover a good point of setting up and detect a source of power and that could be indoor an outlet.
- In your house’s particular place make a measured hole to fitting the light as well as the electrical cord through it.
- Join the floodlight with a power outlet, and start testing the lights for few time.
The landscape lights are a wide surrounding form of open-air lighting, it is equally utilized for both public and private places.
Offices, building terraces, parks, and community balconies rely on landscape illumination such as spotlights, globes, also LED light features for civic enjoyment and security.
Landscape lighting contains core basics of an organic scheme, scale, light pollution, LED use, and setting panels.
You Should notice:
- The landscape lightings such as sconces and lanterns are cast-off to highlight greenery and floral, also outside industrial areas, put emphasis on architectural structures like pillars.
- Similar to floodlights, landscape lighting decorations convey utility to open-air places at night beside that it can help you in crime avoidance.
Installation Guide for Landscape Lights:
- Route the passageway via the light fittings and keep a distance something like 8-10 ft. Utilize the shovel to detach the grasses from soil then fold up the detached sod and dig a 3” deep trench.
- Place the electrical wire into that trench, and hide or cover it nearly 3-inch deep.
- Join the cord to an outside electrical outlet, for the fitting’s stake make holes using an outsized screwdriver, link the electrical joints and inset the light fitting into the stake.
- And then start testing the lighting to confirm a stable connection is made.
Lighting with Motion Sensor
Use of motion sensor in lighting industry is one of the coolest invention we have now. The main technology behind this cool stuff is motion sensor detection utility. The lighting comes with some infrared sensors. It works when something moves at the specific area where the sensors installed.
The sensors include few electronic pieces which can notice infrared waves.
The motion sensor can detect heat and when something comes into their radar they radiate the signal to turn the lights on. To start the light, the heat should be some specific amount. Which is also present in animals, cars and in peoples. The duration of lights on can be adjusted from 1 to 20 minutes. Please note this feature only for night time uses. It will not work in daylight. Because it works by the use of a photocell.
You Should notice:
- many facilities are equipped with motion sensors in their garages, driveways, and alleyways.
- During unwanted situations, motion sensors can be regulated to turn off, for instance like a neighboring car or gusting of leaves.
How To Install Landscape Lights?
- Fine-tune the viewing angle to fix the space selection of the movement detector to avoid undesirable lighting.
- Keep detector and the bulb at a good distance to inhibit deceiving the detector as well as to stop moisture.
- Purchase a bulb which derives using bulb seals, then place them directed facing below that way water doesn’t contact the socket.
Frequently used in landscaping and accent lighting, spotlights provide focused and direct light on important areas. Light up fixtures, doors, signage, and details through spotlights. As the name goes the spotlights focus on a particular point of a place instead of delivering wide-ranging focus and that’s the key difference with floodlights. They usually focus on slender lines.
You Should notice:
- Never use spotlights unnecessarily. Do not highlight a lot of areas or else your desired place will look over illuminated, can cause draw more attention.
- Main regions to highlight which covers signs, architectural features, statues, trees, waterways, and pools.
Installation Guide for Spotlights?
- Find a GFCI outlet, then set up a power pack adjacent.
- Choose a specific spot for spotlight fittings, and if the electric wire is necessary to be used then before digging also pick a trench line.
- Read manufacturer’s specifications carefully then start assembling the spotlight.
- For the stake, you need to dig a hole, and then place light in.
- Link your spotlight to the power source.
- Now link power pack with an outlet.
Before buying and installing the outdoor lightning few things should be kept in mind.
- The brightness of lights is very important with respect to the events such as for photography event held outdoor required high intensity and sharp light setup.
- Types of lightning and designs of lights should be chosen carefully as these factors enhance the beauty of the event.
- The installation setup should be safe from natural environmental hazards such as rain, snowfall etc.
• Lightning setup should be economical and repairable, check the market values, as LED lights are less costly and considered as durable as compare to others.
Lighting is essential in our everyday life. It helps us to do a lot of things where lighting is a must option such as for security reason. I hope you have gained some knowledge through this outdoor lighting tips. And if you have any suggestion or query then leave us a comment. We would love to help you